Syndicated research at AplusA delivers real-world data insights on a macro or micro level depending on your research needs. Our expertise in segmenting and sub-segmenting healthcare markets allows us to obtain deep, unique data sets and navigate the intricacies of specific markets.
Background Information: Asthma
Asthma is a heterogeneous disease, usually characterized by chronic airway inflammation. It is defined by the history of respiratory symptoms such as wheeze, shortness of breath, chest tightness and cough that vary over time and in intensity, together with variable expiratory airflow limitation. It affects 1-18% of the population in different countries.
Recognizable clusters of demographic, clinical and/or pathophysiological characteristics are often called ‘asthma phenotypes’. Some of the most common are: Allergic asthma, Non-allergic asthma, Late-onset asthma, Asthma with fixed airflow limitation and Asthma with obesity.
Objectives of Syndicated Study
This syndicated study in both adult and pediatric asthma with a focus on biologic therapies. It captures real-world data in order to gain deep insights on:
- Detailed patient profiles (symptoms, severity, etc.)
- Patient profile by line, context and drugs
- Asthma at diagnosis
- Current asthma symptoms
- Current asthma assesment
- Current patient treatments for Asthma (focus on controller and reliever therapies)
- Biologic treatments modalities
- Asthma assessment before and after biologic treatment initiation
- Focus on previous treatment before current biologic therapy
- Reasons to use biologic treament or not
- Perception on patient's satisfaction and compliance
- Optional social media listening
Overview of Research Topics
Wave 1 - Q4 2019 Wave 2 - 2020 Frequency Flexible